Today’s sermon has several lists within. To aid you in following along and making application, I have listed them below.
Mat 5:27-30 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ (28) But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. (29) If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. (30) And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.
Three things necessary for sin,
- Opportunity- a chance to do so,
- Availability- items needed
- Desire- a heart for sin
- Confess sin without obscurity
- Are willing to be under authority and accountability
- Take ALL steps to remove stimulants
- Desire fellowship with God, freeing separation and Hell
- Change from pride of self-indulgence to a humility of glorifying God.
- Their concern is to change, be free of sin, and indwelt by the Holy Spirit.
- Will be radically deliberate in deliverance
Jesus died for that we not be enslaved to any sin.
Come to Christ with your sin to be set free.
Live purposefully in His strength.
- Confess sin
- Remove all temptations ( use Covenanteyes.com, Everaccountable.com as a means of guarding your internet use.)
- Build an arsenal of scriptures to help combat temptation in the strength of God.
- Devour the Word of God
- Have accountability
- Seek counseling
- Prepare to be tested
- Pray in the Spirit, knowing and trusting God.
- Get to the heart of the problem rather than treating symptoms.
- Essentially, fight against the gates of Hell.